The company has done this so that at a time when it is not possible to dine at IKEA restaurants during the Covid-19 pandemic, people can prepare and enjoy their favorite food at home.
Here’s the full recipe:
Meatballs will need:
500 grams of minced beef
250 grams of minced pork
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 clove of garlic (finely chopped or grated)
100 grams of breadcrumbs
5 tablespoons milk
Salt and pepper
The sauce will need:
A little oil
40 grams of butter
40 grams of flour
150 ml of vegetable broth
150 ml thick fat cream
150 ml of beef broth
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
How to cook meatballs:
1. Take minced beef and minced pork, mix thoroughly. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg and mix. Add milk, sprinkle well with salt and pepper.
2. Make small, round balls from the meat mass. Place them on a clean plate, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (to help them stay in shape during baking).
3. Heat the oil in a pan. When it is hot, carefully place the meatballs in the pan and brown on all sides over medium heat.
4. When the balls are brown, transfer them to a baking sheet and cover. Then place in a hot oven and bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for another 30 minutes.
How to cook cream sauce:
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the flour and continue to bake for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add vegetable broth, beef broth and continue stirring. Add sour cream, soy sauce and Dijon mustard.
3. Reduces the flame and allows the sauce to thicken. Continue stirring.
4. When the dish is ready, serve with your favorite potatoes – mashed potatoes or small new potatoes.
5. IKEA also serves classic sweet and sour lingonberry sauce with these balls. This is the only way to get the perfect combination of flavors that is so popular with store visitors.
Enjoy your meal!