- European football (Thursday, now 5:30 p.m., Digi Sport 1)
- Football Club (Thursday, now 7:30 p.m., Digi Sport 1)
The Bundesliga is the first top league to resume in time COVID-19 pandemic. There will still be many restrictions for players and supporters, and the club FC Koln is forced to end a traditions that originated 70 years ago. Goat Hennes he will not be allowed to enter the stadium for the match with Mainz on Sunday.
Goat Hennes have not missed a match of FC Cologne in the last 12 years
For the last 12 years, in every home game, FC Cologne’s players have been supported by the team’s mascot, the Hennes goat. The tradition of the mascot dates back to 1950. According to the site Shot and Goal, Hennes was not absent from a match of the favorites from 2008 when he had a medical problem.
The Germans believe that the Hennes goat should be allowed to enter the stadium: “What a pity / I hope he will be able to enter the stadium as soon as possible / Goatless football means nothing / Why is he not allowed to enter? The goat can’t spread the virus”, wrote German fans on Twitter.
Let’s see “The Operative”! The film is available until May 15 in Digi Online, PLAY section
FC Cologne receives the visit of Mainz, on Sunday, from 16:30. The match can be watched live on Digi Sport and on the digisport.ro website
Goat Hennes, near FC Cologne since 1950
The tradition was born in 1950, when FC Cologne celebrated the club’s second anniversary. The club’s director came to the event with a goat, which he said would be the team’s lucky talisman. The manager of FC Cologne at the time, Hennes Weisweiller, adopted the goat and gave it its name, Hennes.
After the mascot Hennes died, fans found another goat to take his place, he was named Hennes II. Today, the dynasty of FC Cologne has reached Hennes IX.
Goat Hennes, the most beloved animal in town
When not present at Bundesliga matches, the Hennes goat can be found at the Cologne Zoo. Hennes has a private caretaker, and in the past had the honor of starring in a film.
The Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga matches can be seen at Digi Sport! The complete program of the transmissions
After overcoming the COVID-19 pandemic, the Germans are ready to enter the field. The Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga matches can be watched live on Digi Sport channels and in video format on the digisport.ro website.
Borussia Dortmund – Schalke 04 is the headliner of the 26th round of Bundesliga. Even so, first matches official from Germany will be from from 2.Bundesliga.
Saturday, May 16:
- VfL Bochum – FC Heidenheim, 14:00, LIVE on Digi Sport 1 (2.Bundesliga)
- Jahn Regensburg – Kiel, 14:00, LIVE on Digi Sport 2 (2.Bundesliga)
- Erzgebirge Aue – Sandhausen 14:00, LIVE on Digi Sport 3 (2.Bundesliga)
- Karlsruhe – Darmstadt, 14:00, LIVE on Digi Sport 4 (2.Bundesliga)
- Borussia Dortmund – Schalke 04, 16:30, LIVE on Digi Sport 1
- RB Leipzig – Freiburg, 16:30, LIVE on Digi Sport 2
- Hoffenheim – Hertha Berlin, 16:30, LIVE on Digi Sport 3
- Eintracht Frankfurt – Borussia Monchengladbach, 19:30, LIVE on Digi Sport 1
Sunday, May 17:
- Greuther Furth – Hamburg SV, 14:30, LIVE on Digi Sport 1 (2.Bundesliga)
- Wehen Wiesbaden – VfB Stuttgart, 14:30, LIVE on Digi Sport 2 (2.Bundesliga)
- Arminia Bielefeld – Osnabruck, 14:30, LIVE on Digi Sport 3 (2.Bundesliga)
- St. Pauli – Nurnberg 14:30, LIVE on Digi Sport 4 (2.Bundesliga)
- FC Koln – Mainz, from 16:30, LIVE on Digi Sport 1
- Union Berlin – Bayern Munich, 19:00, LIVE on Digi Sport 1
- Werder Bremen – Bayer Leverkusen, 21:30, LIVE on Digi Sport 1
Tags: fc koln , bundesliga matches , tapul hennes