Weather Forecast: The heat wave that began on Wednesday is expected to intensify over the weekend, and will continue to accompany us in the coming days. According to the forecast of the meteorological service, it is expected that there will be a rise in temperatures today, and that in the mountains and inland, Sharabi with heavy to extreme heat loads will be made. In the morning, strong eastern winds will blow in the northern mountains.
From noon in the south there may be slight local rainfall. Also, the night will be partly cloudy. Visible restrictions may occur in the southern coastal plain and northwest of the Negev. Temperatures in Tel Aviv will reach 27 degrees, in Jerusalem – 34, in Haifa – 29, in Tiberias – 41, in Beit Shean – 42, in Be’er Sheva – 34 and in Eilat – 42.
On Saturday, another increase in heat is expected, and in many areas of the country there will be a sharp and extreme heat load. The heavy fire will continue on Sunday, with most areas continuing to suffer heavy to extreme heat. During the morning, in the mountains and in the north, winds will blow and in the south may be light local rain. On Monday, the seashore will continue and continue to dominate heavy to extreme heat loads in most areas.
The Water Authority also announced that the Sea of Galilee has risen by half an inch since yesterday, and is now 208.89 meters. This is probably the annual peak of the level
In the meantime, a 21-year-old woman was rescued from Nahal Zviya with vague recognition. MDA teams provided medical treatment and she was evacuated by military helicopter to Rambam Hospital in severe condition with a blow, and when she was euthanized and breathed. Another young woman in mild condition was treated at the scene and did not need to be evacuated to the hospital.
Due to the heavy load and heavy conditions, the Nature and Parks Authority called on the public to refrain from hiking in the open field, for fear of dehydration and danger of life. The PA has warned that in recent days quite a few dehydration and rescue events have been recorded from these areas. In addition, the fear is also that due to the heavy heat there is an increased risk of fires. However, despite the heavy heat, many hikers are expected to visit the forests, parks and open spaces.
Meanwhile, Interior Minister Aryeh Deri announced last night that the beaches will be opened this Wednesday, May 20. Over the next few days, authorities will be required to prepare the bathing beaches in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s guidelines. Minister Deri’s decision was made following consultations with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Maj. Gen. Meir Shabbat, Director-General of the Ministry of Health and Chief Executive Officer of the Prime Minister’s Office.
The Ministry of Health recommends taking the following precautions, in conjunction with the defense against the Corona virus:
1. Stay in a cooled environment, at a temperature of 22-24 degrees, using the air conditioner. For those who do not have air conditioning in their home, it is recommended to stay in an air-conditioned public space, 2-3 hours a day, while keeping all recommendations of social remoteness.
2. Make sure to drink enough water to prevent dehydration.
3. Do not be exposed to heat above 25 degrees. Do not go outside during heat hours, do not exert heat, do not stay in a parked car.
4. Important to emphasize – sun exposure does not help against the corona virus! Preventing the infection is by adhering to the Ministry of Health guidelines – maintaining a 2-meter social distance, wearing a mask on the mouth and nose and washing hands.
5. Especially in hot weather, it is important to look after the health of family members and older neighbors, staying at home alone, to be interested in their safety and to assist them while adhering to the Ministry of Health guidelines.