GGD Kennemerland takes care of the tests and administration. Schiphol provides clear signage to the test street, so that arriving travelers know where to find the test street. Employees of GGD Kennemerland will refer travelers from risk areas to the test street.
A risk area is a country or region with an orange or red travel advice code from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The test street is an addition to existing measures at the airport. Schiphol works closely with all relevant governments, authorities and aviation partners to ensure that passengers travel safely and responsibly. We also continue to emphasize the responsibility of travelers: do not travel in case of complaints and adhere to the measures at the airport and on board the aircraft.
Previously taken measures
As in the rest of the Netherlands, keeping a distance of 1.5 meters is standard at Schiphol. In addition, the following measures are in force at Schiphol:
- Travelers must wear a face mask at check-in, security and border control and when boarding.
- Splash screens hang in front of all check-in, transfer ticket counters and other service points.
- Check-in desks and gates are occupied alternately as much as possible.
- At the baggage belts there are baggage trolleys every five feet and the baggage from each flight is placed on a separate belt.
- At the airport, stickers and lines indicate how sufficient distance must be kept.
- Facilities at the airport are properly cleaned, in particular the places that many people come into contact with, such as the bins at the security control and the sanitary facilities.
- There are dispensers to disinfect hands.
- Travelers must carry a Health Declaration with them.
- Schiphol uses so-called safeguards. They advise travelers to keep their distance, to wear a mouth mask in the designated places and to regularly wash / disinfect their hands.
- The terminal and Schiphol Plaza is only for travelers and employees. The following applies to halters and drop-offs: do not walk inside with travelers, unless there is no other option. Schiphol asks them to drop off the passenger in front of the departure hall or to wait in the car in the parking lot.