13. 8. 2020
– Following the rise in diseases, Peru has extended the country’s lock-up to five other regions. Fifteen had been locked before.- Italy has ordered passengers from Croatia, Greece, Malta and Spain to be tested for COVID-19 and added Colombia to the list of countries from which it is completely forbidden to arrive due to the increase in diseases there.
– France has recorded 2,524 new infections in the last 24 hours, a new record after the country was locked. However, the number of hospitalized patients is declining, now there are 4891 in hospitals, which is less than 5,000 for the first time since March 19.
– Florida reached a record number of deaths on COVID-9 on Tuesday. So the local sheriff forbade wearing veils:
– Turkey will postpone the opening of schools for almost a month. The daily increase in infections is higher than 1000.
– A ninth case of coronavirus has been identified in New Zealand at the second largest school in the country, which has 3,000 students. Experts believe that the virus apparently survived in the country for many weeks.
– Jordan will close the border with Syria for a week, in the last two days it has registered 25 infections of people coming across the border from Syria.
– British GDP fell by 20.4 percent in the quarter to June. It is the worst economic downturn in history.
– Donald Trump criticized the Democratic governors for quarantine measures. He said he was forcing Americans to stay home, which is “as if they were in prison.” In real American prisons, the coronavirus killed thousands of people. In California alone, 3,200 prisoners died of coronavirus. HERE
– Kamala Harris, Biden’s new vice president, spoke with Joe Biden on Wednesday and both accused Donald Trump of causing the United States to be “torn to pieces” by an unresolved coronavirus pandemic and economic crisis. HERE Trump spoke. that if Biden wins the presidential election, he “will destroy American suburbs by admitting minorities – Hispanics, Asians, African Americans.”
– Chief American epidemiologist Dr. Anthony Fauci expressed serious doubts about the Russian vaccine. Having a vaccine and proving that a vaccine is safe and effective are two different things. ”
Dr. Anthony Fauci tells @DebRobertsABC in @NatGeo panel that he seriously doubts the Russian-made COVID-19 vaccine has been proven safe and effective. https://t.co/CZI8rsO4wW pic.twitter.com/BsXiVXesTw
— ABC News (@ABC) August 12, 2020
Previous ongoing news HERE