“Due to the growing number of patients – according to the decision of the State Commission for Emergencies – Kyiv was in the” yellow “zone of epidemic danger. Because the occupancy of beds in medical institutions where patients with coronavirus are treated has exceeded 50%. And today it is 52.2 percent, “Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko said on August 14.
According to the mayor, the following restrictions and prohibitions set by the government will be strengthened in the capital of Ukraine:
- Staying in public buildings, public transport without wearing personal protective equipment – masks.
- Staying on the streets without identity documents.
- Prohibition to leave places of isolation or observation of people in isolation without permission.
- Carrying out of mass (cultural, sports, entertaining, religious, advertising) actions with participation of more than one person on 5 sq.m. m area of вЂ ‹вЂ‹ the building or area, if the event is held outdoors. The organizer of the event is responsible for the participants’ physical distance of at least one and a half meters, if the participants are standing.
- Occupancy of cinemas and cultural institutions can be no more than 50 percent of seats.
- Public transport – trams, trolleybuses, buses and minibuses – carry passengers only in the number of seats.
“These restrictions, according to the government’s decision, come into force on Monday, August 17. Yes, the situation is unpleasant and difficult, “Klitschko said.
According to him, Kyiv is preparing second-wave medical institutions for the reception and treatment of patients with COVID-19.
“I appeal to everyone: today it depends on each of us how fast the virus will spread. So do not ignore the rules! It is easy to follow them, but it is important. For your health and the health of the people around you. Wear the mask in public places and on public transport. Keep your distance. Do not forget to wash your hands often and treat them with antiseptic, “said Vitali Klitschko.
During the past 24hrs, 1,732 new cases of COVID-19 were detected in Ukraine. This is evidenced by the data of the System for monitoring the spread of the coronavirus epidemic of the National Security and Defense Council.
This is the second anti-record in a row – 1,592 new cases were reported the day before.
As of August 14, a total of 87,872 coronavirus infections were detected in Ukraine. 2,011 people died and 46,797 recovered from COVID-19.